Payment dispute as a guest user

Sharpy11
Contributor
Contributor

I have a paypal account but made a payment for something on "MusicStack" through the guest user option because my bank account was at the time not linked to my paypal account. I paid £5.98 for the item on the 29/07/19, and received notification of dispatch on 31/07/19, however, the item has not arrived. I have contacted the seller twice through "MusicStack", sent an email direct to the seller and also sent 2 text messages to the sellers mobile phone. The seller is not returning any of my messages. I tried to raise a paypal dispute, but, it asks for a transaction ID# on my account, and as I paid as a guest, it's not linked to my account. Is there anyway I can claim my money back? paypal must have buyer protections for every payment option they provide including a guest user. Thanks in advance, Alan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharpy11 

When you get through just ignore the bot and stay quiet OR just keep saying Agent a few times.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharpy11 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sharpy11
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your message. I tried calling customer service but its all automated and asks for the amount, which I give, and am then told there is only one transaction on my account which is for a lesser amount. When I go back to the main menu I end up restarting the whole cycle and end up where I started. Is there a telephone number where I can actually speak to someone? It's very frustrating. Thanks Alan
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharpy11 

When you get through just ignore the bot and stay quiet OR just keep saying Agent a few times.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sharpy11
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass,

I have managed to speak to somebody at PayPal following your advice, and have been able to open a payment dispute as a guest user.

This episode will make sure i login to PayPal to make payments from my account in future.

Many thanks for all your advice.

Alan

Login to Me Too

Good to know! Can you tell us how that worked out? You got the money back? Did that take long?

I am facing the same problem. I understood that there are 2 options: phoning them (which seems to be difficult because of Corona) or submitting a claim via your credit card company. WHich one is the best? And if you have, like myself, a HSBC Visa card, should I get in touch with Visa or with HSBC? 

Thanks for your reply.

Login to Me Too

markmil1
New Community Member

I have the same problem and have called multiple times and after saying agent like 15 times...it finally says 'we can't assist you right now'...WTF...Great customer service..One would think they would have a chat support to address this type of problem..I have an account (it was my wife that charged as a guest) and even tried that route...they told me we had to call..now thats some A1 service 😞

Login to Me Too

markmil1
New Community Member

Not working for me the past 2 days....ends up saying "we can't service your call right now"...WTF....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.