Payment Reversal (Refund)

Axrhuls
New Community Member

Hi guys,

On Oct 21, 2018 I have paid for 2 items(phone) using my Debit Card that linked to paypal. The package arrived on Dec 29, 2018. After I opened the packed I realize it is wrong item(headphone). I'm so frustated so instantly open a dispute(Full Refund) which has completed(and closed) on Jan 8, 2019(I won). 

From my paypal summary, there is a Paypal Reversal(status completed) on Jan 8, 2019. I need to know:

1. How long the refund(reversal) process will take? 

2. Where the money will be reveresed to(Paypal balance or Debit Card Account)? 

Thank you guys.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Axrhuls

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Axrhuls

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Axrhuls
New Community Member

Thank you for the fast respond.

This means I just need to check my Debit Card Account(Bank Account) for the refund money.

Again, thank you very much. Your answer ease my mind.

Login to Me Too

HmantxLLC
New Community Member

Reviewing previous posts on reversals.  Good answer.  I assume reversals that were paid via bank account (paypal withdrew) will also get credited back to bank account and not paypal balance?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.