Payment Pending for over 21 days, Seller thinks i haven't paid

Arctic_Vixxen
New Community Member

I paid for an item on 31 Mar 2020, payment went out of my bank account on 01 Apr 2020 and waited for my item.

Paypal say its pending, I have several proof items to say I Paid. Seller contacted me saying he's not received payment. We waited for 21 days.

He contacted me stating he was ready to post the item but no Post Offices were open. Then 3 days later I'm told by eBay he's taken a dispute against me. I have so much proof I paid for it but Paypal said he's not claimed the payment.

Not sure what to do as it all seems automated help services

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Arctic_Vixxen 

I hope all is well.

If you were told by PayPal that your seller hasn't captured money as of yet then it is possible the payment's status is still "Pending" on your end or should I say "Unclaimed". For this status, it's either you can cancel the payment yourself or it will automatically be reversed after 30 days from the date of the payment.

Unclaimed payment sometimes happens if the payment was either sent to an incorrect email address or to an email address that hasn't been confirmed or the recipient's account itself has been fully verified.

For reference please see links below.

How do I cancel an unclaimed payment? 

If this is a "Pending" order/authorization, then the seller should be able to cancel it from their ends. They just have to reach out to someone from their organization (an account manager maybe) who has access to their PayPal account but sometimes, PayPal can legally cancel a pending order/authorization 30 days from the payment date.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Arctic_Vixxen 

I just wanted to add a little information here, "If this is a "Pending" order/authorization, then the seller should be able to cancel it from their ends. They just have to reach out to someone from their organization (an account manager maybe) who has access to their PayPal account but sometimes, PayPal can legally cancel a pending order/authorization 30 days from the payment date."

***If this is a "Pending" order/authorization, then the seller should be able to cancel it from their ends. They just have to reach out to someone from their organization (an account manager maybe) who has access to their PayPal account but sometimes, PayPal can legally cancel a pending order/authorization 30 days from the payment date. So you can redo the payment.***

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.