Payment Deducted From My Card But Merchant Do Not Receive

herwan
New Community Member

Hi,

I accidentally made a payment to the seller, without realising that I'm using my other PayPal account which is not active.

The seller is using a payment link and without even mentioned which account I used, and chrome automatically logged me in via the inactive/limited access' account.

The payment went through and deducted from my card.

The seller claimed didn't receive any payment from me but my card issuer confirmed that the payment had been sent to the merchant.

Anything that I can do to get back my money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @herwan

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear your recent payment defaulted to the wrong account. In most instances when there's an issue with a payment, we recommend getting in touch with the merchant to see if they have the option to refund the transaction. If they're unable to do so and an issue occurs with the order, like if you don't receive it or receive the wrong order, then you can Report a Problem with Your Purchase. I hope this can be resolved soon.

Take care,

- Celeste S.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.