PayPayl siding with Scammers?

aglongey
New Community Member

I ordered items from a seller last week.  PayPal/seller provided a USPS tracking number.  The tracking number showed the items were delivered but I never received them.  I tried to contact the seller and got no response.  I filed a dispute with PayPal and the very next day PayPal closed the claim because the USPS tracking number showed delivered.

The rub here is that the seller created a fraudulent shipment to a different name and address in the same zip code to bypass PayPal's weak buyer protection system.  I have the document trail from USPS showing the name and address associated with the tracking number.  Since the case is already "closed" I have no way of contacting PayPal to provide this critical information.  I reported fraudulent activity but am not confident there will be any resolution since they closed the first case so quickly.

What other options do I have to update/provide this information to PayPal....this is as clear a case of fraud if there ever was one and PayPal seems to weigh in on the side of scammers.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.