PayPal works together with scammers

IvashchenkoM
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal declares Buyer Protection however they work together with scammers. I've ordered an item and got absolutely worthless piece of crap. I've opened a case with PayPal, provided all evidences. At first they told me to return a thing on my own expense to be able to receive my money back(it would cost me the same amount of money and wouldn't make any sense) After long discussion they said I'd get my expense back when a seller gets an item back what sounds very tricky too since it's not save to go to a post office during a current pandemic situation at all plus I have no reason to trust that seller and to put more money on risk. For my proposition to simply give me my money back and then deal with a seller they've just denied a case. I won't use it any more and don't recommend PayPal to anybody

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IvashchenkoM 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because Paypal are doing exactly what they say they will do in their buyer protection policy.......

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/Nowhere-in-the-shipping-purchase-details-do-I-se...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IvashchenkoM 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because Paypal are doing exactly what they say they will do in their buyer protection policy.......

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/Nowhere-in-the-shipping-purchase-details-do-I-se...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FatherJuan
New Community Member

So basically when a seller has done a bait and switch on customers Paypal will insure that we actually lose money by using them as a payment agent.

Got it.  Very trustworthy.

Login to Me Too

homes8080
Contributor
Contributor

The people at Paypal are greedy pieces of **bleep**. They don't care about you, once they have been payed they will put in the absolute minimum amount of effort to help. They have made it difficult to contact anyone and they are working with and payed by scammers. Do not do business with paypal its as safe as bitcoin

Login to Me Too

mdl65
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. They’re complicit. They know it’s happening but continue to ignore and enable the scam merchants so as not to impact their revenues. PayPal are a despicable company. When you do complain they delay and send you round in circles asking for same info already shared a number of times. Life is too short to stress about the lost money. I find it easier and calmer to simply just not use them anymore, and delete my account. Shameless.
Login to Me Too

Sonic3503
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting that when I bought my item it did not say it was coming from Hong Kong or I would never have bought from them.  So you can't tell people not to buy from XYZ country when it doesn't show what country it's truly coming from.  Yunhan Industrial Co., Ltd. is the leading scammer in this bait and switch.  If PayPal doesn't make my case right I will no longer use them for any of my businesses.  This is criminal and they are just allowing them to send you a finger nail file in place of a pots and pans sets and say that it's ok.   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sonic3503 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sonic3503
Contributor
Contributor

I bought through what appeared to be a regular website until after check out...then the name changed and money sent to Yuhan.  No way could I have known it was scammers.  I buy online 365 days a year...it's my business and industry.  I've never had a horrible experience with PayPal until yesterday when they chose to back these scammers.  I will never use PayPal for a purchase again.  I've been using them since they first started back in the day.  Sad they would risk all of these people leaving PayPal to back this scam.

Login to Me Too

Deeoverit29
New Community Member

I have been stung also. YES PAYPAL are supporting these scammers and make it sooo difficult to deal with, no more, I’m just going to use a bank card, at least your bank has insurance for fraudulent behaviour, PayPal are part of this illegal activity, my scam was a cupboard, I received a small $1 plastic container, they then ask me to post it back at my expense which would be almost the same price, so then I’m out of pocket double the money, PayPal won’t help, soooooooo angry right now, sooooo angry

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.