PayPal won’t lift the limitations off my account bc I can’t provide purchase receipts

Salenastells
Contributor
Contributor
I have provided photo ID however I did not send any “proof of receipts” as I said the money that was sent to me was for a virtual service and supposed to be used for my trip to Toronto which is in a few days. I really am desperate need of this money to be available for me. I just note saying -“I am receiving money from a friend for my trip to Toronto bc of this I don’t have any shipping information or “receipts” to provide so limitations can be lifted on my account. Please allow me to take the money.” I don’t know what to do I need this money it’s a lot I can’t afford to lose. What should I do
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

Report it to the police and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

PayPal has no accountability, or pretends it has none. There is no valid reason not to provide prompt service as a financial institution. If banks, credit cards, and eBay can all provide fast customer service during COVID, so can PayPal, which rakes in billions.

Make sure to Message Customer Service, not because they will do anything, but because you will want the paper trail when you open an investigation with your local police.

Yes, this is what PayPal has come to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.