PayPal won't let me close my account

tcejer198
Contributor
Contributor

I made my account while underage a few years back, and in November I was asked to provide ID. After doing so, PayPal limited my account because I had made my account under 18. They told me that after I turned 18 I should email them in order to have my account closed and a new one opened. However, ever since I have been of age PayPal has been unresponsive to my attempts to contact them about the matter, simply redirecting me to the Resolve Limitations page which does not allow me to take any kind of action. I have contacted them multiple times and have yet to receive a response from a human being, just automated systems analyzing the subject of my dispute. How can I resolve this matter?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey tcejer198,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble resolving your account, that can definitely be frustrating. I would advise reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into this and help get the issue resolved. I hope everything is squared away for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey tcejer198,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble resolving your account, that can definitely be frustrating. I would advise reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into this and help get the issue resolved. I hope everything is squared away for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.