PayPal won't help you!

3c3c
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased 2 items, seller only sent one. I asked PayPal to help. Seller sent them two IDENTICAL tracking numbers, fraudulently indicating they sent two items. Had PayPal actually LOOKED at the tracking numbers they would realize this. They didn't. Closed my dispute. When I contacted PayPal to indicate the merchant only sent ONE of the items I purchased, they reopened the case, then honored the FRAUDULENT SELLER'S REQUEST that I return the one item (a jacket my kid's been wearing for two weeks!!) for a refund of the entire purchase amount. They did NOTHING to honor MY request to either send the $37 item they didn't or refund the money. $37!!!!! PayPal DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PROTECTING YOU, ONLY PROTECTING THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH FRAUDULENT MERCHANTS. Do not EVER use PayPal thinking they will protect you, they won't.

Fail, PayPal. Uber Fail.

So basically it cost me $37 to learn to not use PayPal anymore. I guess I got off cheap.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3c3c 

The dispute stage is for negotiating part refunds etc with the seller.

Once escalated to a claim the ONLY option paypal give you is to return everything you received back to the seller for a full refund.

Sounds as if this is what they offered you which is good as you will get your funds back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Laurenzooz
Contributor
Contributor

I am having similar issues. I purchased items that were faulty and not as described. I returned the items three months ago. Paypal denied the claim. The reason was that I didn't send proof of shipping. This is not true, I sent them the receipt of the shipment and the tracking code. 

I also sent them an atachement of an email where the courier told me that the seller did not pick up the item from post office. Paypal first ignored this attachment and closed the case. I sent the attachement again and they reopened the case for few days and then closed it again. The excuse this time was that I didn't provide the information they asked. 

Like seriously? I provided all the information like three months ago. 

I thought Paypal was safe to use because of the buyer protection. However, the "buyer protection" is just a joke, they keep ignoring the attachements I send, and they have not gave me a clear and good answer when I asked what should I have done differently to get my refund.

There is no point to use paypal since the buyer protection is clearly not working. I have read a lot of similar posts in this forum and I am amazed how can this happen to so many people. Paypal should really do something about their "buyer protection" and customer service.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3c3c 

The dispute stage is for negotiating part refunds etc with the seller.

Once escalated to a claim the ONLY option paypal give you is to return everything you received back to the seller for a full refund.

Sounds as if this is what they offered you which is good as you will get your funds back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

3c3c
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for proving exactly what I said, that PayPal won't help you.

Forcing ME to pay to ship back a partial order that has been used for weeks instead of holding a merchant to their agreement of sale is hardly help. Super easy way to fix the problem? Advise seller to pony up or refund the portion NOT provided. Ya know, kinda like how LIFE WORKS.

If I buy $100 in auto parts and they forget to pack the brakes, I don't have to PAY to ship back ALL of the parts; they just refund me for the brakes or -- and here's where it gets REALLY inventive -- THEY ACTUALLY JUST SEND THE BRAKES.   

Giving a refund for something one hasn't provided is dizzying logic, I know, "Esteemed Advisor," but give it a minute.  You might just catch on to how this fancy commerce thing is supposed to work ...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3c3c 

Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, they tell you exactly what they will do in their user agreement > buyer protection.

The idea is that you read up on it before starting to buy and then risk assess your transactions.

Buying tat from China is sadly your responsibility and its not up to paypal to bail you out although they will do exactly what they said they will do...........and that is give you a refund on return of what you received back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.