PayPal won't credit me for order not received

Temp20210929f
New Community Member

PayPal denied my case because the case was submitted after the 180-day deadline. I ordered a pair of sandals for my 84-year old mom and they were never delivered. I was extra patient because I knew that the USPS was intentionally slowed down and deliveries in general were taking much longer than expected. I am unable to contact the "seller" because it's a scam. I thought PayPal added a certain amount of security when making purchases. No more PayPal. This is criminal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210929f 

Paypal do offer you buyer protection, up to 180 days post payment, that is 6 months more than enough time for most folks.

Even some credit cards don't give you that long !!!

You should have opened a dispute at the latest on day 179, you didn't so sadly you negated your own buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210929f 

Paypal do offer you buyer protection, up to 180 days post payment, that is 6 months more than enough time for most folks.

Even some credit cards don't give you that long !!!

You should have opened a dispute at the latest on day 179, you didn't so sadly you negated your own buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.