PayPal will not refund me for eBay purchase i did not receive

tuxedo187
Contributor
Contributor

So basically i have bought a laptop on eBay, proceeded with checkout and used PayPal as a payment method. Almost immediately after payment, eBay has removed the listing stating that the seller's account may have been compromised. The payment was immediately showing as refund initiated (although there was no money on my account).  I have opened an item not received case on both eBay and PayPal (i should have opened on ebay first, but did not know they would close it automatically). Ebay has closed the case since it was open on PayPal. The refund was being declined every 5 days and it has been 3 weeks and its still showing as pending. And today PayPal has closed the case NOT in my favour without any explanation. So basically i am left without 890 pounds and cannot reponed the case on eBay to get their support. Has anyone been in a similar situation?This is ridiculous, i have been a reliable buyer/seller and both eBay and PayPal are basically declining to help me even though i have promptly used their services on the purchase.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tuxedo187
Contributor
Contributor

So the problem has been solved: i sent a couple of emails to PayPal, they had the claims department look at the case again and determined that the refund was ''stuck'' somewhere and manually adjusted the balance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tuxedo187 

Paypal would close a case if you had already opened one on Ebay.

You can't open 2 cases at the same time.

HOWEVER can you confirm you opened a dispute for non receipt of item and not any other reason?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tuxedo187
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, but eBay closed the case due to a case being open in PayPal so that would make no sense. Yes i have opened an item not received case. Generally i would call PayPal or live chat on Facebook, but obviously due to corona these types of communication are closed on their behalf.

Login to Me Too
Solved

tuxedo187
Contributor
Contributor

So the problem has been solved: i sent a couple of emails to PayPal, they had the claims department look at the case again and determined that the refund was ''stuck'' somewhere and manually adjusted the balance.

Login to Me Too

temafey
New Community Member

@tuxedo187 which email you used to write to paypal for complain. i have similar situatuation now. thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

tuxedo187
Contributor
Contributor

There was no special email, i coomunicated with them on the message center and even though the final message said that they will not refund me i still insisted and they refunded me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.