PayPal want to return item

cipa333
Contributor
Contributor

Dear memebers.
I don't know how to proceed further. I bought the item from GearBest (GB)and this item not working.  GB sent email to me: Keep the item and accept a product cost refund of 23.08EUR to your PayPal account. PayPal want to return the item back to GB. I wrote email to PayPal twice but the answer is the same. I don't know how and where to write PayPal that Iwill keep the item and PayPal will return 23,08 €. Thank you very much for your replys.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi cipea333,

When a dispute is filed against an item that is significantly not as described, PayPal requires the item to be returned in order to issue a refund. If a seller wishes to allow you to keep the item and issue a full refund, they can do so within the transaction, or by responding to the case that they'd like to refund instead. If a merchant is telling you to cancel your dispute so they can refund you, this can be a red flag. Once a case is closed, it can't be open again. I would advise the merchant that if they're having issues giving a refund to contact PayPal so that we can help.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.