PayPal unreasonable permanently limit my account for no reason

Kimjinho
Contributor
Contributor
I just created my account few months ago with sole purpose is to purchase item from an online korean store ktown4u.com , which is a PayPal merchant and after making those transaction. I received notification that my PayPal is permanently limited and no customer service is responding to me. FYI, THERE OR NO OTHERS TRANSACTION IN OUR OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. ONLY PAYMENT TO KTOWN4U
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kimjinho 

Sadly nothing anyone on here can do, paypal don't give reasons on why they limit you permanently.

But they generally do not do so for 0 reason, why would they? They want us to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kimjinho
Contributor
Contributor
Yes by permanently limiting Account, they can hold the money in the Account for their company use to invest. So tell me, i only made a transaction to a PayPal merchant that paypal verified as legit. So which part of this is reasonable to be permanently limited? Take not its the only transaction i do since its a new account created last month
Login to Me Too

hdoo
Contributor
Contributor

As Kimjinho said PayPal as well as banks make their money from investing what people deposit into these institutions.  The difference at least in my country is that my banks have excellent customer service and are regulated by law fairly (all things being relative!).  A commonality that I've noticed with both and probably most similar organizations is that they will take the full amount of days they have given themselves permission to have before refunding any owed funds.  Banks in my country have a maximum of 90 days in most cases and PayPal seems to have a 180 day maximum in most cases.  That's a large pool of money to invest for a large period of time.  Another difference between the banks in my country and PayPal however is that banks will actually return your money to you.  With PayPal it seems that some people do receive their money back and others don't and with no explanation or reason given.

Let's hope that in your case you get your funds soon.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hdoo 

Paypal is not a bank.

Paypals 180 days is because that is the time buyers have to open disputes. That is also the same time frame credit cards give their card holders and buyers can chargeback directly via their card holders so paypal needs the money there for 180 days to cover that possibility.

Paypal would earn far more letting you use your account to buy and sell so the holding money for interest argument doesn't really hold water.

You are comparing 180 days of probably a reasonable small amount of money (for most people) being used for 'interest' against a lifetime of using a paypal account and earning paypal money with buying and selling. So again why would they bother if they didn't have good cause?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jinkimho1
Contributor
Contributor
This is RESPONSE from paypal after stealing my money of 5500SGD from my PayPal balance to paypal. Reason is damage cause for violating acceptable user policy. Which is they wont tell you what violation u commit. ( ITS CONSIDER STEALING) I HAD 5500 SINGAPORE DOLLAR IN MY PAYPAL BALANCE, FOUND OUT PAYPAL TOOK EVER PENNY FOR THE REASON DAMAGE FOR VIOLATION OF ACCEPTABLE USER POLICY. THATS ALL. IF YOU GONNA TAKE TAKE PEOPLE MONEY, U HAVE TO GIVE PROPER EXPLANATION WHICH VIOLATION WE COMMIT SO THAT ITS JUSTIFIED AND WE CAN PROVIDE PROOF. COME ON, YOU GUYS EVEN WANT TO STEAL FUNDRAISING FOR RESCUE STRAY ANIMAL? BELOW IS RESPONSE FROM PAYPAL I appreciate the question. Based on the information you've provided above, it would appear you've violated the Acceptable Use Policy. To protect PayPal and our community, we don't disclose the specific reason why an account was limited. This would allow for the circumvention of our security. As no additional information can be provided on this topic, any additional questions pertaining to this issue would yield no further responses. Thank you for your time, and we wish you the best of luck in utilizing another payment processor. ^TB
Login to Me Too

jinkimho1
Contributor
Contributor
This is RESPONSE from paypal after stealing my money of 5500SGD from my PayPal balance to paypal. Reason is damage cause for violating acceptable user policy. Which is they wont tell you what violation u commit. ( ITS CONSIDER STEALING) I HAD 5500 SINGAPORE DOLLAR IN MY PAYPAL BALANCE, FOUND OUT PAYPAL TOOK EVER PENNY FOR THE REASON DAMAGE FOR VIOLATION OF ACCEPTABLE USER POLICY. THATS ALL. IF YOU GONNA TAKE TAKE PEOPLE MONEY, U HAVE TO GIVE PROPER EXPLANATION WHICH VIOLATION WE COMMIT SO THAT ITS JUSTIFIED AND WE CAN PROVIDE PROOF. COME ON, YOU GUYS EVEN WANT TO STEAL FUNDRAISING FOR RESCUE STRAY ANIMAL? BELOW IS RESPONSE FROM PAYPAL I appreciate the question. Based on the information you've provided above, it would appear you've violated the Acceptable Use Policy. To protect PayPal and our community, we don't disclose the specific reason why an account was limited. This would allow for the circumvention of our security. As no additional information can be provided on this topic, any additional questions pertaining to this issue would yield no further responses. Thank you for your time, and we wish you the best of luck in utilizing another payment processor.
Login to Me Too

Mak16
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal are scumbags
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.