PayPal unfair dispute benefiting scammers

Despised_ic0n
On April 14th I had a dispute filed against me on a claim that said persons items were never received. Because I hadn’t gotten the tracking number due to the fact that my post office charges for one, I didn’t know how to prove to my buyer that the items were actually shipped out. All I had was my word. So I left the case open, and started communicating with her asking if she actually never received her product and she would blatantly ignore me. Over the course of the next two to three days I was waiting for another payment to come in through PayPal when o noticed that PayPal had automatically refunded this girl! With my other payment that had come through. WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME OR SENDING AN EMAIL BEFOREHAND. Well, I ended up getting a call from my post office who I had been trying to so hard to reach out to, so I would be able to get at least some sort of information. And they found EVERYTHING. The tracking number, the date it arrived, everywhere it had been before it reached my seller and now I don’t know what to do. I can’t dispute a dispute when the case is already closed can I? What do I do? Because now I’m out hella money when my buyer DID receive her items after all. I’m so upset and ticked off that PayPal would take matters into their own hands without consulting me first to make sure I didn’t have anymore information to add to the case.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Despised_ic0n 

You are in the position to feel that way. I can sense that you have been doing the right thing to fulfill the order by knowing from that you constantly communicated with your buyer to check if she actually never received the item but you only got no response. I am very sorry about that.

Re your question, "I can’t dispute a dispute when the case is already closed can I?" - I was just hoping that your case was not closed due to no response within the time frame your were provided via email to supply the necessary documents you were asked. If no response, then it is my vast regret to inform you that once a case has timed out it can no longer be re-opened. Otherwise, you may still try contacting Customer Service to see if you can appeal PayPal's decision. To get there, kindly click "Contact" near bottom of the PayPal pages and check some options for you to get ahold of a representative.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.