PayPal unauthorized transactions

kevinmx
Contributor
Contributor

A few days ago I found out there was a large amount of money stolen from my account (a little over €400), in "small" transaction around €70. I brought my computers to a computer expert who made sure my machines would be safe again, they suspect the attacks where done by an API hack. I started an unauthorized acces case, the case was closed within half a day saying the payments were not unauthorized. 

After that I contacted PayPal via email. The customer service told me to contact them trough phone, but unfortunately I have little time to make phone calls so I asked them if they could help me trough mail, which was no problem, all I had to do was send a new mail with as much details as possible. I've sent a new e-mail with all the details and explaining why I can't make phone calls and if they could please help me trough e-mail, after about a day I got a short response saying I should make a call. I made time to make the phone call and when I finally got in contact with someone they told me to send an e-mail with as much information as possible.

In short, they have been sending me from e-mail to phone and back, and I have not even had the chance to discuss this problem with PayPal. Is there any other way I can do something about the closed case? The stolen money has got me in a lot of trouble and I would really like PayPal to re-open the case and look further into it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.