PayPal transferred my money to PayPal after 180 days!

Pipedreams
New Community Member
I was u aware I broke any rules when I signed my legitimate business up for PayPal, mostly to pay vendors. PayPal decided we were violating their user agreement for some reason, possibly because we sell tobacco pipes in our brick and mortar store. Regardless the reason we were restricted on PayPal, I was still paid $200 from a dear family friend when covid-19 started. They accepted the money from my friend. They told me I must wait 180to receive it due to my restriction. Now, more than 180 days later, I checked PayPal, and they issued a payment to themselves for the balance!!!! There is no explanation, and I am unable to file with resolution center regarding this issue. How do I get my money that my friend gave me as a gift of support during rough times? Please HELP!!! Thank you, Cassie
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pipedreams 

I'm afraid you might not be able to get this money back without some fight. You can contact BBB.org for PayPal in San Jose, CA for a review of your situation.

PayPal charges people for violating Acceptable Use Policy, $2,500 per violation.

Quote:

"If you are a seller and you violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control."

(See these links)

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#restricted-activities

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.