PayPal suspened, available balance £1.5k.

LeeC123
Contributor
Contributor

Evening all,

This is the first post I have ever had to make on here, so I will keep it as short and concise as possible. All replies and answers are incredibly welcome.

First of all, I have been using PayPal for around 5 years now (mainly for buying purposes) with no problems and great success in that time.

As of 01/09/2019 I have incorporated my online store and business to PayPal and have been taking orders through PayPal on my website.

Since I had a personal account I thought it would be best to upgrade to a business account as PayPal promise instant withdrawals and I could greatly increase my limits. This of course requires additional verification.

Having had my account limited due to a large influx of money and orders; I submitted 4 documents that PayPal requested within 24 hours.

PayPal then terminated my account after 3 days for the reason being: "your account was created under the age of 18" but gave the option to create a new account with a different email.

Since my account was around 5 years old I would have been 16 at the time of creation (now 21) I had no idea of the over 18 policy? Regardless all my business dealings have been spot on and 100% positive within the 5 years I have used this service.

PayPal have now said they are holding my funds (£1,489.45) for 180 days, and as of now I am incredibly late on my orders and stand to lose out on a whole lot of money. One customer is even threatening me with legal action and sending abusive emails and messages. 

The customer service is unresponsive, live help is always down, the phone lines always have "unprecedented high call volume"  and I cannot access anything on my account. 

Should PayPal not have suspended my account 5 years ago, or have better screening methods for underage children to set up accounts? When I think of it, I linked all my cards up at 16/17 and was verified that way? It feels like I have been duped.

My reputation as a strong and reliable seller has been impacted massively, in addition I stand to miss out on multiple contracts to stores to further supply my product to. 

Would anyone be able to offer any assistance to what to do in this regards? I.e contact the legal department? or any other avenues of getting this resolved?

I had the idea of traveling to the PayPal office in London in order to get this resolved? I have a lot at stake from a business perspective.

Holding £1,489.45 for 180 days when I have been in full co-operation with the PayPal user agreement since the very beginning, with 100% successful transactions and even setting up my business at the age of 20 (then adding PayPal who then takes a commission), to punish me and withhold such a large amount of money for essentially 6 months is unfair and unjust. 

I can't even issue refunds either without me losing around £1,200 as I have already pre-paid a deposit for a batch of custom product with my credit card externally outside of PayPal.

It's an extremely bad situation and I stand to lose massively. Every potential contact information I currently have is either a bot or a foreign call center employee who doesn't understand the situation and refers me back to a bot (amazing right). Hence why I am thinking about just going to the office in London. 

I will attach the email received from James... (second name?) from the Account's Review Department and some supporting materials to help with the answers. 

I appreciate the time taken to read this, thank you all.

Kind Regards,

LeeC123.

PP-008-788-047-569

PayPal warning.pngAutoresponse PayPal.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Randy

@LeeC123,

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance if you're still seeing this issue on your end.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look at what options might be available to you.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

LeeC123
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response Randy. I have contacted the UK number numerous times with no success on moving forward. I was given an email for the legal department to which I have failed to receive any response. I have also sent three first class letters to the PayPal offices in London, Luxembourg and San Jose outlining our position on moving forward with legal action with added damages if no resolution is made via 11/10/2019. I appreciate your reply on here, but there’s nothing more I can do now then wait for a official response from PayPal. If not me and my team will have to unfortunately commence with legal proceedings. All the best. LeeC123.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.