PayPal supports scammers like Shixi Network Technology Co.,Ltd.

Bri2021
Contributor
Contributor

Just search the name and you will see they are scammers and countless people like me left out in the dark. Multiple people have posted their complaints and stories on how poorly PayPal protects customers from fraud and this is the perfect example. I recall signing up with PayPal because it was the "safe" way to pay online and to be protected from scammers. Those days are long gone and PayPal makes it incredibly difficult to not only file a claim but to get any information on the claim. I filed a claim because I was scammed by Shixi Network Technology Co.,Ltd. and jumped through hoops trying to get my money back. I presented proof that what they sent was not what was advertised and offered no returns (I now know they are very well known for this). I sent images, information, screen shots to support my case. And I AM RIGHT, they did not send what was advertised, period. You think this would be enough for PayPal to back me up and provide a refund... Nope. Through the process they put you through in the open case, it came down to Shixi Network Technology Co.,Ltd. saying I had to return the item to China and provided an address my post office could not use (I did some more research and found many cases the same where the shipping cost exceeds the refund requested). I called PayPal and talked to a rep that said the case would be extended and I would be provided an address in English... I waited but this never happened and I got an email today telling me my request was denied. Even when talking with the rep I was told Shixi Network Technology Co.,Ltd. was already flagged! 

My request for refund was for $30. Not even worth the time and effort I put into all of this. I'm bummed I fell for such a stupid purchase, but more frustrated that PayPal supports the scammers. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.