PayPal support the scammer!!!

Nonka
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo 

I've claimed missing delivery form the chinese seller in value 37,98 USD. I opened a claim and after back and forawrd I got unacceptable offe to wait for the goods or get back % of the paid value. 

Few days ago I've just go the respond form paypal that due to the fact, that I didn't send a product back (a dam cap worth less then 1 $ sending form switzerland back to china will cost me +/- 30 $) to those scamers - Paypal decided to close the case and the scamer got money paid out on ther account. 
This is totally wrong and means for me the Paypal support those scammers. I wrote to Paypal about my issue, described the problem, and explained why I'm not willing to pay additional high fee for sending back the damm cap, because the scammer just want to gain time, until they get money on their account and disapear!!! 
Do you have any idea how to handel this, how to stop this scamm!!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Scamstop
Contributor
Contributor
I have had this happen to me several times and PayPal just aren’t listening and decide there was no claim to answer I’m getting sick of these scammers getting away with it using fake tracking info etc it’s got to be stopped!
Login to Me Too

Nonka
Contributor
Contributor

But how I'm really **bleep** off and don't let other people to happen!!! any idea how to stop this, how we can get together and make preassure. The way the paypal handle they support the scammer and don't protect the buyer. I can still purchase via paypal other units from this scammer so they haven't even excluded him from the list!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nonka 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544....select the correct one for your country.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.