PayPal sides with scammer

JanieceR80
Contributor
Contributor
So I sold a pair of shoes and I received an email claiming the recipient did not receive my package. I email them back saying they signed for it. Then I receive an email claiming that he opened another case claiming I didn’t send what was described. Which of course was bs. After getting in contact with Fedex and the property manager at the address I sent the package to they realized there is nobody by that name that lives there. FedEx takes responsibility for this because they let the package go to a random stranger in the parking lot who claimed to be the office manager. The management team of the property confirmed that the signee does not work for them. FedEx sends me a check for the retail price of the item. Fraud. eBay is then contacted and they also have noted that the buyer has also scammed 2 other people who sent items to the same address. They take his account down and email me to not send any items to him. Obviously too late for me. eBay has closed this case. Fraud. Another ebayer who sent him a pair of shoes emails me about his situation. Exact same thing but he used USPS. USPS also closed this case as fraud and now they have a fraud investigator on that case who are reportedly stopping all mail to this person who does not live at this address and holding it. Fraud. So I personally have 2 letters, one from eBay and one from FedEx closing the case as a fraudulent buyer and the other ebayer has emails from USPS and the local police looking for the fraudulent buyer. The most frustrating part is PayPal has ALL OF THIS INFORMATION and still sides with the buyer that does not live at the address the item was shipped to. The buyer who is being searched for by the local police department. eBay told me that there are currently 3 fraudulent claims against this buyer who all used PayPal. I asked PayPal to check the other cases against him as if they needed more proof to side with me. They said they won’t. Their cases have nothing to do with mine. So after 4-5 disputes, after another appeal, they still side with the fraudulent buyer. What else can I do? Anybody out there that can help?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mikewong13
Contributor
Contributor

You may using the " Tracking " link .

Every shipment note have own tracking number and this number is no repeated thus provide the shipping note number to your buyer and checking with the courier services at the same times. Their record is open and clear stated where , when , how , even account number and fee. no hidden cost.

Please kindly consider this link as alternative source and hope will settle your problem.

Thanks ,

Mike

Login to Me Too

JanieceR80
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t need to track the item. FedEx and eBay already know he intercepted the package and signed “DDonna” claiming to be a property manager. Again this has already been verified through Fedex and the property manager that this person does not exist nor does this person live on the property. When he sent me the package back it was an old boot sent back from another city. I Took a picture of it and sent it to PayPal showing the weight difference from the outgoing package and incoming package. PayPal has all these pictures of labels and receipts. I don’t know what else they want or need?
Login to Me Too

mikewong13
Contributor
Contributor

If everything was accordingly the law then let the authorize department to process the investigate with it.

Our responsibility is provide the relevant document to them (related and firm evidence with date , information ) .

After your provide the necessary document (such as tracking number , invoice , delivery order , courier service website tracking link ) 

and your customer is still not satisfy then you may suggest the customer to login the complaint if they find themselves being fraud.

this 2 advantages .

first - legal way to prove yourself (as seller) is according to the law and regulation for trading.

Second - to let or to educate customer the acts will be violent because of email , phone call or etc if no evidence provided.

also let them aware that no only seller have the responsibility to follow the laws and regulation. Same goes to the customer (such as buyer / consumer ).

Thanks ,

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.