PayPal sided with a scam shop bc a package was confirmed to be delivered but it was a false item

shesington
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a bluetooth speaker coffee table from a shop called www.justbiy.com

I filed a dispute when I hadn't received the item after a couple months of waiting, and I received no responses to my attempts at reaching the seller. During the resolution process, PayPal informed me that the seller had been reached and they provided a tracking number for my item... so I watched and waited another couple weeks.

I finally received the package the other day... and it was not a large package but instead a very tiny package. Of course, when I opened it was not a coffee table of any sort but a tiny phone charger. So yes, they did have tracking on a package that was indeed delivered to cover their tracks, but it was a scam.

I immediately sent photos and documents of the package received to update my status on the Resolution Center.

Despite that, only a couple days later, I was just informed that my case has been resolved in favor of the shipper, due to them showing that the package was delivered. But the shipper sent a small false item (from China) - NOT the item I purchased, but I received a cheap and non-functional phone charger!

Also, the shop that sent the item www.justbiy.com has been taken down, and they have not answered any of my numerous attempts at contacting them. Most likely, they set up a false shop for the holidays, sold many items that they never intended to actually ship, sent replacement false items in their place, and shut down the shop after the holidays so they cannot be traced. It's not fair nor ethical. For PayPal to side with this type of sham is not fair. How can I change the outcome?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shesington 

So you opened a dispute for non receipt of item, when you received it did you CHANGE the dispute from non receipt TO not as described before the dispute closed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.