PayPal sided with Scammer again after eBay closed the case in my(seller) favor.

Sunny_X
New Community Member

April 29, eBay cas[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] closed in my (seller) favor.

May 6, case number PP-D-110510668, closed in scammer (buyer, eBay ID: toufmor_0 ) after eBay had claimed this buyer is a scammer.

detail: sold a computer video card brand new sealed which i had sold many brand new sealed product before and never had any issue.  buyer admitted he received the product as brand new sealed but claimed there was a complete different video card inside the box after he opened.  eBay investigated the situation and closed buyer's claim as invalid.  today just received email from PayPal who award the decision to buyer/scammer favor, took $1000 off from my account and charged me $15 dispute fee.

now I got scammed twice: first the real scammer (eBay ID: toufmor_0) then the virtual scammer (PayPal).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunny_X 

When it comes to eBay transactions, the dispute outcomes can only get worse as you go through each venue. And if you win the PayPal dispute, they’ll win on the chargeback, which could cost you even more and definitely no return of item if you lose. If you got a brick back, report buyer for “buyer abuse” to PayPal. You might not get your money back ($1,000 is rather steep for a courtesy refund) but the buyer would be on the radar.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.