PayPal seemingly ignoring me.

Shannaway
Contributor
Contributor
I'm getting really frustrated this weekend with PayPal. Friday night I PayPal had put full limitations onto my acount, I am unable to pay using PayPal, unable to withdraw monies, unable to add monies and unable to receive monies. They want prove of my address, copy of my identification, bank statements, the lot! I have submitted everything they've requested although my account is still limited with no communication from PayPal. The phone lines to PayPal are closed... The message center, which I understand there's a delay of a few hours, although after reaching out to them I've not had a response in over 36 hours (THIRTY SIX!) This is causing me a few issues, I have had a customer state that they have sent me some funds. Although because of the limitation I have had no communication that these funds are on hold, will I get these funds added back once the limitations are lifted or will I have to ask the customer to pay me again for the second time? Secondly, any indication how long this whole frustrating situation is going to continue for? I have 3 other payments which I'm expecting to receive. Although I have no idea whether these been made or not! Thirdly, how long is it taking to hear back from customer service? Thirty six hours and counting right now. Is this normal under the current covid-19 pandemic or are all my messages getting ignored?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shannaway 

have you read this and heard about a pandemic at all?

Due to protective measures against coronavirus (COVID-19), we currently have limited Customer Service staffing, so waiting times may be longer. You can still find answers to FAQs on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. You can also view our coronavirus response and FAQ's here. Thank you for your patience.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shannaway
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have read this, which I've mentioned in my thread... One of my questions was, is it normal to wait thirty six hours to receive a response with the live chat, (which because of the covid 19 situation that the response times is "a few hours". 36 hours is more than "just a few" IMO. Thanks for your response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.