PayPal's "system" has me stymied...what now?

SickandTireofPP
New Community Member

Quick vent...I am sick and tired of PayPal.  It would be one thing if we had other options, but in many cases, they are literally the only choice, such as selling on eBay. I am sick and tired of being made to feel like some kind of criminal by their "system". Their stupid system has so far determined arbitrarily that 1) it will be declining all transactions on my PayPal business debit Mastercard for no reason, and that 2) apparently I can no longer link bank accounts to my PayPal account. The first time I ran into the account linking issue, it took literally hours and about 5 customer service agents to finally get to the root of the problem. PayPal's "system" had apparently determined that there was some kind of security risk in allowing me to link my United States Federal government insured bank account to my PayPal account. Who knew that PayPal knows better that the US government? Of course, the beyond-useless customer support at PayPal couldn't give me any other information, other than their "system" is complicated and no one apparently knows how its decisions are made. Seriously?!?! So, me being the dummy this time, I go and open a brand new business checking account at a different bank after going around in circles with the beyond-useless, and getting no where but closer to a heart attack. Anyone want to guess what happened when I attempted to link my new business checking account with my PayPal account? If you said their "system" made yet another determination to ruin my day, you would be correct. Now the beyond-useless are saying the "system" will no longer allow me to connect bank accounts to my account at all. I have HAD IT with PayPal. I have literally done nothing wrong here. No fraud on my account ever, nothing. I have been a model customer for PayPal. I have requested that the beyond-useless escalate my issue, but they refuse.  To add insult to injury, the beyond-useless are completely ignoring my messages altogether now.  And for the record, I am always polite to the beyond-useless, I don't call them that, and have done nothing to warrant being labeled a bad customer, just FYI. Has anyone else ever had these issues? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SickandTireofPP
New Community Member

Oh, and just to clarify, I do have a personal bank account linked to my PayPal account. It is that account that I have set up to backup fund my PayPal business debit card.  But, the almighty "system" has determined that it would be a "security risk" to me if it allows me to use my debit card on transactions I approve and am aware of.  The almighty "system" has also determined that allowing transactions to be backed up by my already linked personal account is also a security risk to me, so its blocking them.  The beyond-useless refuse to offer any other explanation other than "the system has determined".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.