PayPal's poor management of disputes

anabeleza
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Complaint about PayPal

Seller's name: Shopping Technology Co., Limited (Online shop called ESTY)

Order information: Esty order #1094

Address of the seller: <removed>, Dongguan, Guangdong  (According to PayPal)

Transaction amount: $100.67 USD (plus the £16.35 of postage)

Transaction date: 10 April 2020

My PayPal transaction ID: 6WG06798JF8073502

This is an escalation of my claim to PayPal, Case ID: PP-D-66778249, which hasn't been decided in your favour.

I purshased four pieces of chothes from an online clothes shop, esty-shop.com. The online shop looked legit, and had a clear return policy, which was in accordance with the European e'shoping regulation. Moreoved, they had a PayPal account, which I used to associate with reliability. Moreover, PayPal claimed to have a Fraud Protection policy, reason why I used them to make this online purshases.

When I received the items, and they were completely different from the ones I had chosen, I contacted the seller several times by email, and requested return and refund. The vendor refused to refund me. They sent me several repetitive, unacceptable emails. It became apparent to me that the vendor was not honest, and that all of it was a scam. Needless to say that the online shop (ESTY) does not exist anymore.

Therefore, I wrote a complaint to PayPal, Case ID: PP-D-66778249, sending all the evidence that was more than sufficient to demostrate that I had been a victim of a scam. After some exchanged messages, PayPal told me that the vendor had agreed to refund, and PayPal were happy to refund me in case I sent the order back. I did just that. I took the package to the Post Office and returned it straight away. I have sent PayPal the receipt of the Post Office transaction. Sadly, PayPal considered that I had not provided a tracking number, and decided against me.

Now, after all these months, I have received the package back from China; and it is even clearer that the vendor wasn't interested in receiving the items.

I disagreed with PayPal's decision then; and now I have additional evidence that the Vendor did not intend to receive the items back. I have messaged to PayPay about this, but I have got no useful answer. Furthermore, they make it very difficult to submit a complaint. I tried it a couple of times, and then got no confirmation that a complaint was submitted. Nothing gets recorded on my PayPal account. These practices are unacceptable.

I would like PayPal to reconsider it's decision, as this was clearly a scam. I would like a refund of $100.67 USD plus the £16.35 of postage.

Kind regards

Ana

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.