PayPal’s Purchase Protection Program is just a SCAM

Marcus954
Contributor
Contributor

Explain to me how paypal will side with a seller selling defective items? The seller said he can fix my car but had my car for nearly 9 months and couldn't fix it. So I had to pay to take it out. So I used paypal as a protection. The car shop said no put it as a (GIFT) so I couldn't file a claim if something was to happen cause they knew they did a terrible job. What does paypal's purchase protection say? Significantly Not as Described 1, materially different from the seller’s description of it.2.condition of the item was misrepresented. 3, •The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit). 4. •The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it. I had listed all these as a problem from the seller and paypal still agreed with the seller. How the hell is that possible? You can get away with selling an incomplete package? You show paypal the proof and they still side with the seller? Suppose to be bran new item but used and old? Selling fake items and you show the real item and the fake and paypal still agrees with the seller that its ok to sell fake items? How. Is there any where higher you can go and resolve issues that paypal screws people over on or a sit to file a claim on paypal or give them a bad review like a yelp or whatever so maybe they will start listening to the people who are using there service and be more customer friendly. Cause im sure if it was one of them they'll be damn **bleep** also.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marcus954 

If you sent as a ''gift'' then you had no buyer protection did you.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

HOWEVER if you didn't use that option but used goods/services and filed a dispute then paypal does not see the item involved, its one persons word against anothers, they have to make a judgement call and the seller won this time.

Buyer protection is not a 100% coverall so you have to risk assess your own trades and transactions.

Suggest that you take your own legal action against the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marcus954
Contributor
Contributor
Funny you say that. Cause he said pay me through PayPal as a gift or friend and I was like no. Doing it as service/goods. Whole point is buyer protection for myself. If your a seller/company why asking buyers to pay you as a gift or friend? I’ve seen some places you can use Amazon pay to pay for items so I’m done with PayPal cause of this and will use Amazon pay to buy item now online or in person. Sense PayPal just wants to scam people with there buyer protection policy. Just putting that there so you’ll feel confident but when you get **bleep** they just close your dispute.
Login to Me Too

steve9328
New Community Member

Yes I agree and considering filing a complaint with the BBB for false advertising.  The web page says the following:

Buyer protection ensures you get what you pay for.

When something goes wrong with your eligible transactions, PayPal Buyer Protection has you covered. Get a full refund if an eligible order isn’t significantly as described, or doesn’t arrive at your doorstep.

NOT TRUE.  I bought a 10ft x 10 ft canopy from a vendor and what I got was 2 inch x 2 inch envelope with a piece of styrofoam inside.  Filed a complaint and have now gone back and forth for 4 weeks trying to get a refund.  This would have been done by now with a credit card.  I even sent Paypal photo's of the envelope and contents.  Now, Paypal says I must file a formal complaint with law enforcement and show copies.  WHAT A SCAM.  They can easily take back the money like a credit card if they vetted the recipients but not in the Paypal case.

BEWARE -- NO PROTECTIONS USE A REAL CREDIT CARD !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.