PayPal resolution refund, import tax & Tracking.

F2-Stu
Contributor
Contributor

I have theoretical situation where I am seeking options before pursuing a claim through the PayPal resolution mechanism. I bought some items from somebody in the US to be sent to the UK. Everything went fine and the package arrived ok, however the items I bought were not as described and defective and I was also overcharged on shipping. In an ideal world I would prefer a part refund because I can work with what I recieved, but my gut feeling is that is not going to be forthcoming, so I will accept a full refund in return the goods to the seller. The value of the package is substantial and would incur fees when it arrives back in the US. My question is, if I am successful in my claim for refund by returning the goods, can the seller scupper my refund by not paying the import fees, as technically (as far as PayPal are concerned) the return package would not come up as being delivered on the tracking? Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.