PayPal resolution isn't solving my claim

odimike
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a "motorized pool float" from an Chinese firm, I didn't realize I was ordering from China but I thought as long as I actually received the item everything would be ok. This float cost $69.99, what I received was a regular pool float that I can buy anywhere for less than $10. So I went through the resolution process, filed a claim, and the answer PayPal gave was that I received 'something', so my claim was denied. Apparently as long as a merchant sends 'something', whether it is any where near the price you paid or not, that's good enough for PayPal. In my mind, the claim process is worthless. Not sure if humans are involved with this process, or if it's just done by computers and algorithms. However, if this is the way PayPal is going to process claims, I will be very much more careful what I purchase, and will look for an alternative to PayPal. I will also note on social media my experience and see what response I get there, if others have had similar problems. Personally, I don't think PayPal is what it used to be, in other words, it's not as good as it used to be.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Niboria
New Community Member

Apparently China is full of ‘companies’ who steal pictures from other artists/sellers and use them to open fake/temporary selling sites.  They then steal as much money as they can and then mail out crap products claiming they are what you paid for, while shutting down the fake site.  Then, when you (and SEVERAL OTHERS) tell paypal of the scam and ask for your money back, they take months to get back to you, only to tell you that you need to spend $60 to mail the product back to the FAKE SELLER and after the product has been received and confirmed back by the scammer, they will give you your money back.

I have pictures from the site of the product I bought, pictures of the product I received, a letter from the artist who had their pictures stolen to sell the FALSE and FAKE product, my receipt from the SCAM SELLER which shows a picture of the other artists item...  But PayPal protects its SELLERS far more than it cares about it BUYERS. 

If you bought something, and it was from China...  Sorry for your luck.  They are allowed to do what they want and...  Hey, at least you received something for your money.  You can always send it back on your dime and hope that too is not a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.