PayPal refuses to refund my money

Sharktoothsoup
New Community Member

I made two returns.  Now, pay pal is holding my funds captive.  I have emailed and been on holds for hours; yet, paypal still refuses to refund my money.  It can't possibly be an account verification issue, since iI can still make purchases through my paypal account.  Pay pal just won't return my money to me for returns I made.  

So this isn't a seller refusing to refund.  This isn't an account verification issue.  This is just paypal keeping my money.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharktoothsoup 

If the returns were facilitated through PayPal claim, is it an issue where the return tracking is not showing up as delivered and as a result PayPal system can't confirm delivery back to seller so can't release funds to you? That's the only thing I can think of.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RJRandolph
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem purchased a $1,200 item company in India sends me a $200 item send PayPal the pictures you show them that it is completely different they tell me that it is similar I wish there was a way I could post the picture what can we do next
Login to Me Too

DKO59
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing a similar issue to Sharktoothsoup.  I ordered from a fraudulent company saying they were based in Italy but really in China so I canceled the order before it was shipped.  The company ignored my request and said they sent the order anyway.  Explained and sent evidence to PayPal about all of this but they claim the package is coming, when it arrives (if it arrives) I need to refuse it, and send PayPal proof to them I did this.  All for an order I did not want from a company that is a sham.  I ordered Dec. 10, 2019.  Canceled Jan. 3rd 2020.  Got a tracking number saying the order  supposedly shipped after this.  I think PayPal should go after this company and I should be refunded.  Was promised it would be settled by Feb. 2, 2020 but PayPal has changed the settlement date 3 times since then and now says it will be settled Feb, 14, 2020.  I am so unhappy with PayPal’s service.  Two times I have asked to speak to a manager/person in charge.  Both times was told I would be put on hold briefly and I could talk to someone in charge but instead they hung up on me.  How can I get help for this issue when I call I just keep getting the same line fed to me over and over.

Login to Me Too

JCLee43
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing the same exact thing! I'm very upset with the way PayPal is handling the situation. I have trusted them with my money thinking that they used trust worthy companies, but I have been scammed twice now by companies that claim to be in the United States, but once you purchase the receipt from PayPal is all in a foreign language....I have not received the items and PayPal has not agreed to return my money. I am going to by bank next to dispute the transaction. And good luck talking to an actual person and customer service. I have tried to call several times an automated voice comes on and tells you that there's no customer service available then hangs up on you. Now how's that for customer service, when it comes to dealing with people's money you should always have someone available to talk to! PayPal as a definitely lost my trust and I will no longer be using them. I do live in the United States of America, I read their disclaimer so I just wanted everyone to know it can happen to you and when it does PayPal is not very understanding. PayPal seems to work more for the company than for the customers that trust their money to be safe through the payment source. So good luck!
Login to Me Too

Unhappy61455
New Community Member

I had the same damn thing and I can’t even dispute nor effing get a live agent I’m suing PayPal for my mental stress and loss of money (theft) stole from me and won’t refund even though this JAPANESE COMPANY STIOLE MONEY AND WONT GUVE MR E THE PTODUCT I PAID FOR

Login to Me Too

RJRandolph
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same exact problem I bought from a company hands up the company is in in India spent $1,300 on a laser engraver they sent me a $200 laser engraver major dispute in PayPal and they sided with the company there's something that we as the buyers should be able to do since PayPal is not taking care of anybody anymore anybody got any advice
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.