PayPal refunds and chargeback nightmare!

Sjpeplow1
New Community Member

I paid over 1000 for an item. There was then an issue and the seller agreed to refund but the refund ‘wasn’t completed properly’ and PayPal said I needed to contact the seller. He was unresponsive (suspected scammer!) so I was over 1000 down. I then got my bank to do a chargeback and I had my money back. PayPal then took this money out my balance and I was in negative balance by over 1000. They said they would try at some point to take this money from my bank account . So I had lost the 1000 again. I rang them and they looked into it and did their ‘investigstion’ and found I was owed the refund and restored my balance. Happy days! I’m square again and have my refund. Check my bank today and last night they took the money to cover my negative balance (which no longer exists) as a direct debit. There is no sign on this on my PayPal summary or activity page, but I have the proof from my bank account. I am now the 1000 down again. What shall I do??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.