PayPal refunded scammer buyer ,without any evidence and proofs from buyer based on buyer fake claims

Kayah2017
Contributor
Contributor
I hadn’t a dispute with a buyer which PayPal resolved by refunding the buyer’s money on the basis that the item was kept by buyer fake claims ! The item she kept worth £55 ,sale to her £36. I can provide that she state fake claims to PayPal only to receive her money in amount £36 on messages to Ebay! So how PayPal provide money back guarantee and on what provides to buyer ??? When PayPal show me only one “fake claim” reason from buyer stating “item not as described” which is not true at all ! So the bottom line is that buyer kept my item and her money been refunded on a fake claims! I cannot even open a case on PayPal because I didn’t see the emails send to me From PayPal,so the case was closed and I accidentally find out that the buyer was refunded on that specific date 7th July !But even on the phone to PayPal we get to conclusions that’s a scam from a buyer! I can say as a seller and my protection I was robbed by buyer and with the help of PayPal! I don’t know how to move on from this very frustrating position!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayah2017 

I doubt the buyer saying fake would have anything to do with it.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always the sellers word against the buyers, as paypal never see the item then they make a judgement call.

Normally the buyer is awarded a refund BUT they have to return the item back to the seller before the refund is credited.

HOWEVER that is only as long as the seller RESPONDS to the paypal dispute in the time that the dispute / claim is open.

If the seller fails to respond to the dispute then the buyer keeps item and refund as the seller has not said which address he wants the item returned to etc.

That does not mean you can't offer the buyer shipping costs to return the item OR file a case in the small claims court for return of your item but unfortunately that has nothing to do with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayah2017 

I doubt the buyer saying fake would have anything to do with it.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always the sellers word against the buyers, as paypal never see the item then they make a judgement call.

Normally the buyer is awarded a refund BUT they have to return the item back to the seller before the refund is credited.

HOWEVER that is only as long as the seller RESPONDS to the paypal dispute in the time that the dispute / claim is open.

If the seller fails to respond to the dispute then the buyer keeps item and refund as the seller has not said which address he wants the item returned to etc.

That does not mean you can't offer the buyer shipping costs to return the item OR file a case in the small claims court for return of your item but unfortunately that has nothing to do with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

apriankatnizar1
Contributor
Contributor
At 29-10-2019
Login to Me Too

UKNOWMERIGHT2
Contributor
Contributor
If that's how ebay and PayPal roll (letting some buyers to get stuff for free and turn around for "item is not as described or defective") as team; well, one day both of them will see the devil in action.
Login to Me Too

UKNOWMERIGHT2
Contributor
Contributor
I feel bad about what you went through. eBay and PayPal and certains buyers have no idea what an accumulation of angers could do! I had similar situation last month when someone from ohio using treaty city industries address to shop my brand new Microsoft office 2010 professional and used returned with different productkey and got refund and me got junk. This kind of judgment from eBay and PayPal, it's out of rage. We are not talking $1 or $50 sale but more than $100 transaction that eBay and PayPal just easily talking away from sellers without no proof nor evidence... Since eBay and PayPal and buyers became Hitman... I could be one eventually.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.