PayPal refunded me (buyer), then could not decide in my favor and closed the case. (???)

Posting_ID
Contributor
Contributor

Case went like this:

1. I filed SNAD dispute.

2. In less than a day, PayPal escalated to claim.

3. PayPal decided in my favor.

4. I shipped all items back to seller.

5. PayPal refunded me (minus return shipping cost) upon delivery.

6. Seller appealed.

7. Weeks later, PayPal said they could not decide in my favor and closed the case, because the seller provided proof I had already been refunded.  Duh!  I know that, as I already transferred the refunded money to my bank account.  And I didn't request a refund more than once.

What's going on here?  Shouldn't PayPal be telling the SELLER they couldn't decide in HIS favor on HIS appeal???

It looks like PayPal [hopefully] doesn't want the refunded money back, so I'd like to know why this case went down the way it did, as it doesn't make sense.

Does this mean the SNAD case against the seller is expunged from his record (or simply doesn't count against him), so he's free to continue his deceptive practices with impunity?  Since I lost money on return shipping, I would at least like to know the seller also suffered in SOME way.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.