PayPal refunded buyer without items returned

Li55a
Contributor
Contributor

Surely this can’t be right ?? PayPal makes a full refund without informing buyer to return items first ?? How is it fair that I am now at a loss with no items - which I may add was in perfect working order, unopened and in original packaging !! Absolutely disgraceful !!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li55a

Thats the 'norm' yes, but if the seller fails to respond to the dispute / claim at all then Paypal just issues a refund.

Also they do state in their user agreement that sometimes the buyer does not have to return the item, eg already posted above.

Does not stop you taking them to the small claims court to recover your goods if you have enough proof.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li55a

Paypal do not always request a buyer to return an item.

They may not do so IF the item is broken and so dangerous to return in the post OR fake OR the seller does not respond at all to the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Li55a
Contributor
Contributor
The items sold were in perfect working order, unopened and original BT packaging ... The problem was the buyer hadn't a clue how to set up the devices. Seems like lots of other sellers share the same problem 😞 Fair to say I won't selling or buying from eBay again. #Delete !!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li55a

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Li55a
Contributor
Contributor
Can I ask why PayPal doesn’t request the return of goods before a full refund is given ? This is on PayPal’s website ‘ May decide to grant a full refund if the merchandise is returned. Once delivery is confirmed the refund is processed... case closed ‘ Thanks for any info/help
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li55a

Thats the 'norm' yes, but if the seller fails to respond to the dispute / claim at all then Paypal just issues a refund.

Also they do state in their user agreement that sometimes the buyer does not have to return the item, eg already posted above.

Does not stop you taking them to the small claims court to recover your goods if you have enough proof.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BiancaC

ohh you didnt know from earlier? if you buy something you can refund everything without any doubt in this paypal system?? haha.... you can buy the world literally without explaining the reason

Login to Me Too

Li55a
Contributor
Contributor
Thank-You 🙂 To be fair it’s probably only the 3rd 4th time I’ve ever sold on EBay. The delay with regards to not responding to messages from Paypal is that I’d been on holiday, once home onlyi then did I learn the messages had been filtered to my ‘Junk File’ I do stand by my thoughts that a decision to pay a Full Refund amount without requesting the Item/s Returned is pretty poor however small or high value ! ... therefore I am £150 less with no items returned 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.