PayPal refund claim has been denied - because Paypal doesn't care enough to read?

Vi2021
Contributor
Contributor

So I paid for digital good (game account) online using Paypal. The account got banned less than a month after I bought it because of the previous owner's refund abuse.

I applied for a refund from Paypal, explained what happened. After 2 weeks they just send an auto-reply 

"We reviewed the claim(s) you filed on 5 February 2021. Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). This decision was made because our records show that the item or service associated with this transaction was delivered to you."

Did I claim I didn't receive the "item"? No 

Did the "item" -"Significantly different to how it was described"? Yes

What is the point of "review" if Paypal just doesn't bother to read the case? <removed> 

The seller got banned from the marketplace after I reported him but Paypal sided with him? what is wrong with the Paypal resolution team? Why bother to have buyer protection if they only side with the scammer?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vi2021 

Buyer protection for virtual items only covers non receipt and not not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

debtcollector69
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, it was a subscription code that was already redeemed. Paypal sided with the seller.

If a subscription code is used, did I receive the product? Is the product the subscription code, or the subscription?

Did I file the claim wrong by saying "not received"? Seems ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.