PayPal protecting fraudulent sellers

JessicaE1
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item and did not know I was buying from someone in China. I paid extra money to have item delivered within 7 days. Never got the shipment, after 3 weeks. The seller didn’t contact me back until after I started a dispute. Then PayPal put my complaint on hold because the seller shipped the item after my complaint. When I finally got the package that the seller provided shipping information on, it was not an item that I ordered. I sent a complaint again and the seller offered me less than $7.00 (which was less than the amount that I paid just to upgrade the shipping on the order, forget about the actual cost of the item I really ordered) I declined and PayPal made me wait longer for the seller to respond to my declining their offer of partial refund. The seller finally responded telling me I had less than 5 days to prove I returned the item to them or no refund would be issued. I sent PayPal the tracking info the next day and almost 3 weeks later I still don’t have my money back. PayPal says they are waiting for the seller to verify they have gotten the shipment back and in new/unopened condition. The seller is not responding and neither is PayPal with anything other than the statement that they need the seller to confirm they got the product back before they can refund. PayPal is going out of their way to protect the scammer. I have tried to call PayPal and just get an automated answer that “ a live representative is not available right now”. Enough is enough. I feel like I am being scammed twice, once by the seller and now by PayPal.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessicaE1 

Tracking has to show delivery, then you should get your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JessicaE1
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking only seems to track as far as being accepted in China from Chicago. It’s been 18 days since the package was transferred from USPS to China. Does it continue to track and send me updates?
Login to Me Too

JessicaE1
Contributor
Contributor
China has not updated any tracking for 14 days.
Login to Me Too

dancal
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order in May and it too was coming from China - Seller's name is Wu <removed> and goes by "PayPal OsborneJohn.  I filed a complaint to PayPal and the seller came back saying the product was delivered, so PayPal closed the case.  I have proof that the tracking website is bogus and that the seller has lied several times.  I communicated with the seller before and after the case was closed and they "offered" to send the product 2 more times.  The 2nd time it came up "lost" and the 3rd time it was "undeliverable, recipient not available".  I was home each of the 3 times they claim to have delivered, lost, or attempted delivery.  I have tried to get PayPal to re-open the case but each time their website defaults to say the case is closed.  I feel I was ripped of by this Chinese person and then **bleep** by PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

JessicaE1
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. I’m thinking of filing a case against PayPal with the better business bureau and putting an ad online to see how many others have been treated this way. If there is enough people maybe hire someone to go after their false advertising of this being “a safe way” to purchase.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.