PayPal protecting corrupt Suppliers

ColinChapman
Contributor
Contributor

Is anybody else falling prey to  PayPal's protection of Corrupt Suppliers who advertise products and then send you a low cost piece of junk instead of what you ordered. PayPal will not refund you unless you pay return the product/s which cost you more than the abuse of customers rights. of the goods received. 

PayPal just close the case in favour of the seller. 

If there are more people being abused by PayPal - Please speak up and stop this disgusting 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
http://postalinspectors.uspis. gov/ https://reportfraud.ftc. gov/ https://www.bbb. org/scamtracker https://www.usa. gov/state-attorney-general http://www.ic3. gov/ REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Today PayPal sided with seller after I was granted an extension to ship the item back I was granted an extension till the twelfth of March, because I am on a fixed income, and don’t get paid until the tenth of March. It cost $250.00 to ship the item back and I wasn’t able to pay till the 10th. PayPal ruled in favor of these scammers over me. So they are complacent in committing Fraud, under the Rico Act and should and will be included in the investigation. How is it consciously possible that a company would protect fraud? Don’t use PayPal anymore! Don’t support their corrupt and unlawful practices perpetuated against buyers.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ColinChapman 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ColinChapman
Contributor
Contributor

This reply is a real cop-out.

Whose side is PayPal on - the consumer who they promise to protect or the corrupt suppliers?

Clearly there are a number of corrupt suppliers who are taking advantage of the loophole PayPal offer them and are scamming consumers as a result.

I would really have thought PayPal would want to protect their reputation - but clearly this is not the case - most likely part of the scam network.

The burden should be placed on the Supplier not the consumer.

I will certainly not buy again using PayPal and will go all out to make other PayPal victims aware of the corrupt practise. 

Get some balls and stand up to the corrupt suppliers who are damaging your reputation, making your service irrelevant. Better to pay by Credit Card where there is a possibility of getting proper recourse.

I will stop complaining when I have my full refund. Thank you for nothing. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ColinChapman 

The reply is factual in how paypals policy works.

Would you prefer that i posted 'they will give you a total refund regardless of anything'???

If so then I will happily post that for you, it would be untrue but if that is what you would prefer then happy to oblige.

I give you HOW paypal works, I do not say if I agree with that policy or not as it would be immaterial to the facts.

So did you want the FACTS or NOT???

Lastly I do not have ANYTHING to do with Paypal as this is a 'user to user' community advice forum.

On the forum you get ranks dependent on how much help you have given.

So.......your welcome to my FREE and FACTUAL advice.

But I will add you to my list to never getting help from me again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ColinChapman
Contributor
Contributor

If you are not in a position to assist disgruntled PayPal customers then I would welcome having no feedback from you. 

You are a Groot Doos - not an Esteemed Advisor. 

Best you keep your useless feedback to yourself. 

You are wasting valuable resources - you useless Oxygen Thief.

Login to Me Too

ColinChapman
Contributor
Contributor

No pathetic excuses or explanations from PayPal will resolve this matter.

PayPal service is irrelevant and consumers must be warned to avoid being misled by PayPal - rather pay directly by VISA or Mastercard where there is at least a remedy.

PayPal would rather lose millions of customers to protect a handful of corrupt suppliers.  It is time to be shut down. 

Really dissapointing. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ColinChapman 

Ah I see, you have a problem reading and understanding words.

Why didn't you say?

I can see now how you weren't able to read the small section on buyer protection in paypals user agreement explaining how claims and refunds work + couldn't read the posts on here with any degree of comprehension. 🤣

Right off to help nice folks that say thank you for free advice, after adding you to that list of course. Bye then  😁  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
After many messages and other attempts of communication with PayPal I was notified today that I’ll be refunded my money. At first I was very doubtful of getting a refund due to the fact of the numerous amount of people in theses forums who were denied. I gathered as much evidence as I could discover about this fraudulent activity and presented it to PayPal. I spent many hours and several cuss words working on getting a refund. Hopefully this problem gets solved because not only do the customer lose money but so does PayPal when they give refunds.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.