PayPal permanent limit process is very unethical

Ian062
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently received a payment which was sent as "Goods and Services" then I think this is why Pay Pal permanently limited my account. This was done by mistake because a sender new to the service would think it wouldn't matter how he sends his money as long as you deduct the right charges. And after consulting, it is not explicitly stated that sending funds the wrong way would have such severe consequences to the receiver! Why not have a pop up with those details that show up once for first-time users?!

Now they limited my account, sent me mail that I could appeal it. I called the customer service and the guy could not tell me what exactly went wrong and he simply said the system says its a high-risk account, and it was irreversible. Now my funds are stuck for 6 months! I was even willing to refund the payment and send it the right way but they couldn't let me. Why can't this be appealed? I think PayPal should bare minimum be able to tell users exactly why they take such action and also which parameters the system used to come to this, but also have remedies for it. 
In the end, it's not fair to without warning hold money for 6 months, permanently limit accounts without appeal and also provide no detailed reasons what exactly went wrong. 

With such large volumes of transactions in the system, I understand the need for security and strict processes but what PayPal is doing is very unethical and this should be reviewed by whoever supervises such conduct. First-time users should explicitly be warned once at the point funds are being sent about the potential repercussions of a mistake so they double check and the process of terminating an account should be transparent and appealable. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ian062
Contributor
Contributor

Really?😏

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian062 

Well you didn't ask a question / I needed to put a comment on it to get rid of it from the list awaiting answers / nothing anyone can do is you have been permanently limited is there?

Paypal don't limit accounts for no reason, why would they? They want you to have a paypal account as that is how they make their money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MartinEdward
Contributor
Contributor

uhmm, look dear.. paypal is just cheating people to save thier money in the accounts with paypal to make more profit!..

for example i've sold a pair of shoes and the payment has recieved in my accoun't, so that they limited my acoun't after like a week after the release date of the money!

so kindly could you let me know why please?

*PayPal permanent limit process is very unethical*

Login to Me Too

cenaleethe
Contributor
Contributor

for your case, it's the law, they not ry to cheat you but they make sure everything is fine for buyer and seller, but after they trust you, they sent the money right to ur pay pal, I have been there, after been long time member and I'm always have some money on my pay pal, they send me right away soon I get pay, but now, I don't know why they permanent limit my account without tell me why, and I hope they give  my money before they limit my account permanent :(, really confusing

Login to Me Too

cenaleethe
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I have the pay pal account but why they permanent limit my account without say any reason, just feel not fair, so I don't know what to do, any one help me please?

Login to Me Too

cenaleethe
Contributor
Contributor

help me please, why pay pal permanent limit my account, and what I have to do, < I'm worry I still have left my money there, please I need help, thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.