PayPal perfect platform for scams

snewsnew
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have experience with pushing through the seemingly final decision made by paypal after reporting fraud, where there is a verifiable false attempt at refunding which satisfies paypals resolution system? I was scammed, and realized within minutes of making the purchase that it was a scam. The giveaway was the parcel tracking indicator said "out for delivery" via usps right away.  Clicking on that tracking number, it said the item had been delivered on a date that had already passed the previous week. I raised all the flags with my bank and paypal within the first 15 to 20 minutes. The seller made a refund attempt, but that green dollar amount had a line ------- through the amount. That refund attempt was followed by an email from paypal to the seller with me as a cc, directing  the seller to make sure there is enough money in their account before attempting a refund. That was it. I continued to contact paypal, referencing the line through the amount and the email they cc'd me on, and they closed my case anyway. 

All attempts to raise the flag now, are met with notices that say this case has been decided, and the only course of action is to contact the seller. That's literally like a cop telling a assault victim to go talk to their assailant if they want the problem to be resolved. It's insane.  Is my only route from here to find an attorney? It's not even really about the money anymore. I am broke  taking care of my kid as a single dad, and it would be helpful, sure.. But it wasn't even 100 bucks. I'll make it. It's about the principle. The poor are the least deserving of having their money scammed from them. Scam the ultra rich for christ sake. I've had all I can take with this dynamic in play, something has to be done. The rich have plenty of money, more than they could ever really need. Take theirs. After the seller took their site down, I was able to find them up again on a different site. I have tons of information that could help stop them. Anyone have advice? useful advice?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snewsnew 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

snewsnew
Contributor
Contributor
But... nothing was ever shipped. The item was marked shipped literally seconds after paying. And minutes after that, literally minutes, the tracking number indicated the item had been delivered to my address, on a date that had happened to he previous week. What I think happened, is the seller somehow through some genius hack, found tracking number linked to me, and then piggy backed on that tracking number. Therefore and again, there is no statement from a shipping company, because this item was never shipped. In fact, I have every reason to believe that there aren't any items to be shipped by this person. The new business website I found that's definitely theirs, shows their business is a community center attached to an old folks home in Wisconsin. Before that it was North Carolina. The grammar on their website has hints of the seller being originally from Eastern Europe. With a little effort from PayPal, they could really help more than just myself. But PayPal gets a cut of every sale, no matter what, so why would they help? I'm seriously considering taking all this up a notch. I'm tired of being stepped on and brushed aside.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.