PayPal paying for someone else?

SimonHammerton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Folks I Admin a sales and swap Group on Facebook. We have a dispute between two members over the condition of an item sold. After attempts at getting things done in a civilised way failed, the buyer raised a dispute with PP. PayPal found in the buyers favour and he was refunded. The seller has been evasive over the affair, possibly trying to protect his reputation. I asked to see his copy of the adjudication and got a transcript that said that PP had settled with the buyer, but wasn't going to deduct from the sellers account. This sounds odd to me. Are PayPal in the habit of putting their hands in their own pockets to settle disputes? Also Wouldn't the two adjudication emails read more or less the same thing? Obviously allowing for the buyer/seller bias? Here's hoping someone has an answer. My thanks in advance Simon Hammerton

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SimonHammerton

If a seller loses a dispute then normally they have to refund the buyer but if they have no funds in their paypal account balance for paypal to access and refuse to refund then paypal will do so under their buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SimonHammerton
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Kernowlass Thank you for the prompt reply. I don't think finances are the issue, as the sum in question is less than £20. I have been communicating with the buyer, and he suggested that it could be down to the postage costs being a high percentage of the overall value. My appreciation for your assistance Simon Hammerton
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.