PayPal notice of upcoming account closure.

etsz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I just got an email from Paypal (?): 

PayPal notice of upcoming account closure.

We recently reviewed your usage of PayPal's services, as reflected in our records. Due to the nature of your activities, we have chosen to discontinue service to you by providing two months’ notice in accordance with PayPal's User Agreement. As a result, on May 4, 2021, we’ll place a permanent limitation on your account.

You can find the complete PayPal User Agreement by clicking “Legal" on any PayPal page.

We ask that you please remove all references to PayPal from your website. This includes removing PayPal as a payment option, as well as the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart.

If you have a remaining balance, you may withdraw the money to your bank account. Information on how to withdraw money from your PayPal account can be found in our Help Center.

Sincerely,
PayPal

I logged in but found nothing about forecoming account closure or any type of problem. Is this some kind of joke or phishing attempt? Of course we did nothing to be fired from Paypal. It has the header: 

Received: from mail2550.paypal.mkt2944.com ([74.112.67.243]) 

Best,

Balazs

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DateinaDash
Contributor
Contributor

I have exact same e-mail today. I have been a customer for 20 years. I have no idea because there is no link or obvious way to commit a fraud with this one? 

Login to Me Too

DateinaDash
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm this message is not genuine. I have spoken to PayPal today and they do not use that e-mail address '<removed>' and they did not send me this message to I would assume the same applies to you.

Login to Me Too

etsz
Contributor
Contributor

Dear DateinaDash!

Thank you! Can you confirm that the email address you mentioned in the comment (what was moderated by the site) was paypal .../at/... paypal.com?

Best,

Balazs

Login to Me Too

etsz
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I just found out that the email was legit, the account closure process has started. I'm shocked. I'm a partner since 2011, and I did nothing that violates any policy. Really annoying and sad at the same time. I will appeal at the Customer Service but I think they will ignore me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.