PayPal not satisfied with i.d. wants SSN as well? Please help!

amberrosekitty
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal requested i.d. verification and although I was not happy about it at all, but I uploaded my i.d. because I wanted to be able to sell on ebay. But there is another part where it wants my SSN card as well. Are you kidding me. There is no well in hell I am giving paypal or anyone online that information. Is there any other well to settle this or do I just have to quit selling? Any other options other than paypal? (probably not, but whatever) Also if this sdoens't work out is there any way to un-upload the i.d. picture. Thank you. This is very frustrating.

What I want to know basically is will I be able to receive any money without uploading the ssn card. I i.d. is one thing, but if they "need" the ssn card I will take my losses and be done with them forever.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amberrosekitty 

Paypal is abiding by your governments laws........

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/PayPal%E2%80%99s-Customer-Identification-Program-(CIP)-a...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amberrosekitty
Contributor
Contributor

Will I.d. be enough? (I only uploaded it only a few minutes ago) or do they absolutely "need" the SSN information. I know that some laws might have changed and that is why they are asking, but I will never feel safe giving that information and uploading it to an online company. I want to know for sure if the "need" SSN information specifically (not just I.D.) so that way I know how to further proceed. If they need SSn information then I will just quit selling  because I won't be able to receive payments after paypal cash goes into effect. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.