PayPal not replying to my emails

Jamesngrm
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I have been trying to reach out to customer service but they don’t seem to ever respond. I signed up under this account with a fake name out of security purposes. Now I sold something on eBay and the payment went into this account. Though I did sign up with this account with my social security number and I have proof. But I can not receive a response and just want to claim my money.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jamesngrm
Contributor
Contributor
Still being ignored. I just want my money out and close my account if this how bad the customer service is going to be.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jamesngrm

If you opened a legal financial paypal account with a fake name then its unlikely you would ever get your money.

You would not be able to withdraw the funds as the bank account name has to be in the same name as the bank account.

You would not be able to verify the account as any documents you supplied would not prove that you were the 'fake' named person on the account.

Do you open up bank accounts and credit cards in fake names as well?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jamesngrm
Contributor
Contributor
Obviously I don’t open real accounts with a fake name. What kind of backwards straw man argument is that? There’s my bank card attached with my real name also. Now how does help with the issue of them not replying?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jamesngrm

Do not use the toll free number that @pecpec has put on paypal as its scam and the moderators are removing these threads asap.

If you want to phone customer services then...............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.