PayPal no loner supports the consumer

Wahinisis
Contributor
Contributor

Why has Paypal stopped being a force for the consumer?  A company ripped me off and Paypal does not care.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Should we just DELETE our accounts and move on to a different Payment Method?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahinisis 

Difficult to advise when you haven't said what actually happened.

However paypal do not choose your sellers, they just give you 'some' buyer protection and its up to all of us to risk assess our own transactions.

Paypal is not an insurance policy and has terms and conditions just like credit cards. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wahinisis
Contributor
Contributor

Well, this is the first time PayPal **bleep** me so I was not sure what to write in this forum.  I just assume PayPal was on MY SIDE not the big companies.  Maybe time to cancel my account and use another form of payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wahinisis 

Both buyers and sellers (companies) are paypals customers, so they would not take a 'side' against one customer.

That is why the protection given is stated for both buyer and seller in their user agreement.

Sometimes they have to make a judgement call and buyer and seller can't both win, so there are always going to be complaints when one of them misses out.

As to using paypal again thats entirely up to you, doesn't matter or affect me one jot to be honest.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.