PayPal mistakes and limitations

Simplegirl
Contributor
Contributor

So I filed a dispute about a charge I didn’t make and was even able to get a supervisor from PayPal to call me on the phone which I am gathering is nearly impossible to do now post-Covid 19, 2020. I was still on the phone with the agent and then I got a message saying that my account was permanently limited blah blah blah. The supervisor on the phone didn’t get it and neither did the one I was on chat with they said they would call me back after figuring out what happened. I sent a lot of messages over the next 2 weeks and the responses I was getting were clearly directed to a business account. I have a personal account. I received notifications for all of the messages that were sent back to me but the messages were never in my messages center. None of the previous messages between PayPal and I were either. This made me feel like a mistake had been made and my account was somehow mixed up with another account belonging to a business. The messages I got were for them and they were getting mine. Finally I got this response in my PayPal messages: Dear Jennifer <removed>, Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern. We have received your appeal and, upon its review, your limited account access has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. You are free to log into your account and use our services. We appreciate your business and hope to continue serving your online payment needs. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Sincerely, Pravitha PayPal Account Review Department PayPal So when I said I still had more questions I got this response: Dear Jennifer <removed>, Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern. We're passionate about giving you the best customer service we can. We’ve reviewed your email and feel that we’d be able to answer your question(s) better by speaking to you. Please call us by clicking Contact us at the bottom of any PayPal page. Before we can talk to you about your account, we’ll ask you for a one-time passcode to confirm that you’re the PayPal account owner. Follow the steps below to get a randomly generated, 6-digit one-off passcode: Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account. Click Contact us near the bottom of the page. Click Call us near the bottom of the page. A one-time passcode will be displayed. It's valid for 10 minutes. We look forward to helping you soon. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Sincerely, PayPal Account Review Department PayPal However it doesn’t give me the option to request a one time password and although I get further when I call than I used to it eventually just tells me that due to covid 19 and limited staff PayPal phone support is closed. How did I talk to PayPal because my once limited account is still not functional and I need to find out how all of this has effected my disputes we filed before this all started They total several thousand dollars. In post covid America I am sure anyone would be concerned this mistake could effect my dispute or the possibility of my funds not being returned to me

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.