PayPal making reporting of fraudulent activity very difficult!

DanteLibra
New Community Member
Hi. Someone hacked an email address I used for music sales, and fraudulently withdrew $ from my Tunecore Acct. I've since regained control of the acct and changed credentials. Tunecore is saying the money was withdrawn to a PayPal acct (prob a burner acct). There does not appear to be any way to report this since the transaction was not through my acct.  Anyone have any ideas? I can't believe there isn't a simple "tell us your issue" form. I apologize if this is in the wrong area. have no idea what tags to use, nor which category or Board I should select.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanteLibra wrote:
Hi. Someone hacked an email address I used for music sales, and fraudulently withdrew $ from my Tunecore Acct. I've since regained control of the acct and changed credentials. Tunecore is saying the money was withdrawn to a PayPal acct (prob a burner acct). There does not appear to be any way to report this since the transaction was not through my acct.  Anyone have any ideas? I can't believe there isn't a simple "tell us your issue" form. I apologize if this is in the wrong area. have no idea what tags to use, nor which category or Board I should select.

Call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

@AskPayPal for Twitter or facebook.com/paypal

After that it is up to PayPal to do anything about it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.