PayPal limitation after closed case

112Rz
Contributor
Contributor
I had a few cases open for a merchant that was a liar and a scam! He sold me an over priced item that was a fake and I requested a refund. PayPal eventually refunded all my money in Nov 2020 and the case was closed! Per their own policy PayPal may or may NOT require you to mail back the item. If they do it must be in writing and part of the requirements needed to be issued your refund! In my case I was NOT required to return anything. I was never told in writing to return anything. When they do request this they verify the address and as part of the requirements to get a refund you must upload the shipping label showing proof. They never required me to do any of this as part of the agreement to refund my money. The case was sided in my favor and closed. I was issued a refund Nov 2020. Here it is 2 months later and PayPal has limited my account illegally! They are now saying I need to refund them the money or send proof of the return which is absolutely against their own policy! The case is closed and per their policy can not be reopened after it was decided in my favor and refunded. They can not go back after months and change the agreement to which it was originally closed. I now have filed with the FTC (fraud trade committee). And I will also be filing with any other government agency about this. The merchant too i will be filing against! He has been committing customs fraud by undervaluing items and or requesting items be undervalued drastically for return. The whole thing is fraud! PayPal and their workers not following policy. PayPal should be sued! There needs to be a class action lawsuit! I can’t remove my credit cards from this account or anything which if abandon like this leaves mu cards at risk for being hacked. This is all illegal and under their user agreement they have no right to do! Any requirements have to be done during the dispute process. There was no requirement to return anything and it’s been 2 months now!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.