PayPal keeps rejecting my proof of address

midasbeats
New Community Member

This is an issue specifically for foreigners who live in China and are using the Chinese version of paypal. On top of proof of identity, I am required to send something that proves my address. One option is a utility bill. I have now submitted it three times - it clearly states the address that my account is linked to but paypal are not accepting it. What do I do now. I have not been able to receive important payments for weeks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @midasbeats ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Just wanted to know if you were able to upload or save it? It might be that the image is not clear or the size of the image is more than the image size that the system accepts. Make sure that it is below 2MB in size and in JPEG, PDF, PNG format. Normally, once you have uploaded the proof of address, it will be reviewed in 3 - 5 business days. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

jnetlouise
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Same happened to me. I already uploaded my proof of address which is a government issued document containing the date issued, name, address and validity of the document but paypal keeps on rejecting it. What will I do? My transactions are very important here in my account. I hope you can help me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.