PayPal just refunded $200 for a virtual item despite the fact I provided overwhelming proof

YGM
Contributor
Contributor

I even uploaded the PDF which he paid for directly to PayPal and showed the website I designed for him (spent 2 full days).

We sent a total of 900 Facebook messages. I taught him all of the internet marketing secrets I know to get cheap traffic. 

I uploaded the entire FB conversation to PayPal dispute as well as 6 minutes of YouTube video with commentary showing our full conversation, including the part where he agrees to pay $200 in exchange for the PDF and the part where I send the PDF.

I even appealed after a phone call and the guy on the phone said based on the evidence he doesn't see how I could lose and it should be an open/shut case.

The buyer claims I am supposed to send a physical package, but hasn't uploaded any proof (obviously, there is none). 

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

YGM
Contributor
Contributor

The screenshot doesn't say I need to provide logs.

I clearly did not edit the YouTube video of our Facebook conversation, where he can clearly be seen acknowledging receipt of the file including date + time.

Login to Me Too

YGM
Contributor
Contributor

Furthermore, I have proof that the person who reviewed my case did not even watch the YouTube videos.

YouTube has analytics that show exactly who watches your videos, including where and when.

There are 0 logs of anyone watching the 3 videos I uploaded (total 6 minutes length).

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@YGM

The PayPal agent would not need to look at your video since it is not one of their acceptable delivery proof methods.

Login to Me Too

YGM
Contributor
Contributor

You are wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/zssrx

There is evidence including date&time of him:

1) Clearly asking for the PDF.

2) Agreeing to pay $200 in exchange.

3) Acknowledging that he completed payment.

4) Acknowledging that he received the downloaded file.

Furthermore, I UPLOADED THE FILE DIRECTLY TO PAYPAL.

How can PayPal claim I did not send the item, when I actually uploaded it.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, you uploaded it but do you have proof that they actually downloaded the files besides the conversation?  You only have his 'word' that he did but no actual indisputable proof that he did.

The convo means nothing.  Could be edited with photoshop for all PayPal knows.  That is why you need to professionally set up a digital goods site that records activity once a download link is clicked.  Not some random job conducted solely through social media and email.  That seems to be the only satisfactory proof PayPal will accept because when someone comes on here and they said they provided "proof"  in the form of emails and social media conversation screenshots, PayPal do not rule in their favor.

I have read that rule.  You need online documentation that is satisfactory to PayPal that the item or service is provided to the buyer such as evidence that a file(s) has been downloaded as of a particular date.  Obviously, your proof did not satisfy that.  Sorry.  In the case, the buyer is not admitting to receiving whatever it is he paid for.  

You uploaded the file where?  Is it to a file download site that records download activity?  And maybe you should send him a physical package to call his bluff.  Burn all the files to a CD and mail it to him.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

YGM
Contributor
Contributor

No where in the terms does it state what is deemed "satisfactory" to PayPal.

Furthermore, I clearly ask him:

"Did you receive the file?"

He replies:

"Got it."

He then proceeds to talk about the file (which I even uploaded to PayPal) in great detail.

At this point you really have nothing to say, you clearlly haven't understood.

I mean, how does one "photoshop" a YouTube video anyways?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It does give you an example in the documentation, proof that gives exact download date/time, not, "did you get it?", "Yes, I did." l mean anyone can say that and doctor that up and I presume that it's info PayPal themselves can check independently.  Just like shipping services with tracking for tangibles.  The proof has to be indisputable. Ironclad.

Even if you say how can someone photoshop a video, well okay then.   Did you win the case? No.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Honoracius
Contributor
Contributor

Hahahah proof have to be indisbutable. you are ahha like saying that tracking number l0l is an induputable proof?

Login to Me Too

Honoracius
Contributor
Contributor

A lot of paypal fanboys here. They must pay you if they don't, you clearly good at barking when it's right. Paypals has problems with protecting both buyer and seller, their agents should consider doubtful cases individually , and not just stamp stamps. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.