PayPal just closed my account after restricting it - I've had the account for 10+ years!

andy106d
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - over the last week or so I've been selling some personal things on eBay to free up money - a gaming PC, my iMac, and a few other bits.

Once I'd sent everything out PayPal restricted my account saying there was unusual activity - fair enough, I haven't sold anything on eBay for a long time, and use PayPal for the occasional online purchase.

So I uploaded my passport photo, provided proof of 'fulfillment', but one of the questions was asking for proof of purchase from my supplier... I'm not a business and I'm not using PayPal for business purposes. Looking around I saw a lot of people with a similar issue, so I uploaded an image of some text of me explaining that I'm not a business and don't have the original invoices for these things.

Just now I've had an email saying 

"We're initiating the closure of your PayPal account

After a thorough review of your PayPal account, we're initiating its closure in order to protect us from potential financial losses. You'll no longer be able to use PayPal."

This is absolutely unbelievable. I cannot access the funds for the things I've sold, and a PayPal that's been in good standing for over 10 years is being closed for literally no reason.

Any help would be appreciated as customer services have done nothing.

Thanks

Andy

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.