PayPal is the worst company in the world.

stacysmith7999
New Community Member

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to get my money from PayPal the quickest way. So they don't Rob me like they did my friend. She told me when they put a hold on her money she wasn't able to get it back for 6 months. I have made the worst mistake ever thinking of opening a PayPal account. My friend is a reporter and I'm going to have her run a special on the fraud company PayPal that uses people money for investment purposes. This is the reason they keep your money long enough to invest it. They are theives. Give me my money and let me close this worthless account. I get paid and cannot touch my money. I have uploaded my id and all the other ridiculous steps u have to follow. Give me my money or I'll just run the special. My friend is a reporter for cnn world news. I know at least five people that will tell they story of how PayPal robbed them. Should be interesting **bleep** cooperate thugs. Stealing money from hard working Americans.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kevkimamira
New Community Member
They reversed my money without even consulting me,I experienced a Loss of products and money too making the buyer scam me on broad daylight. African people especially Kenyans are highly DISCRIMINATED by PayPal, they have imposed heavy regulations on us. I WISH I WAS RICH ENOUGH TO SUE THEM. I hate paypal and I wish Google would buy the company and change everything
Login to Me Too

chelsearose1998
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern:

My name is Chelsea <Removed> and I have been a seller with eBay over 5 years and I am currently a “power seller” with a 5 star rating. I am writing this letter as a seller and to express my anger and dismay over buyer fraud and deceit on eBay and eBay’s/PayPal’s unwillingness to help me.

This letter is pertaining to eBay order number 27-04785-69012, item number 124138709314 and PayPal case ID PP-D-62801967 for the Red Coleman CT200U Mini Bike purchased by buyer “bicro44” on April 05, 2020, 3:09PM for $450.00 from eBay seller Chelsea <Removed>. The seller picked up the item about a week later and we arranged the pickup through a phone call. The item as you can see below, was listed as local pickup and the buyer paid though PayPal. The product was shown and its use was demonstrated to the buyer. He accepted the item and we helped him load it in his car. The bike was demonstrated to the buyer and the bike was fully functional at the time of sale. The bike was in the condition as described on the post as seen in Appendix A.

Despite the fact that the buyer rated me with 5 stars, after two weeks that the buyer had the item, he contacted me on April 20th (various messages are on eBay) and complained of a “dent on the fender.” He contacted me through the eBay platform as well as my personal cell phone number and started to harass and threaten me. Because I was being threatened with numerous texts and to maintain my image as an 5 star seller, I settled with him on the eBay platform and gave him a $50 partial refund for his concerns. They buyer accepted the partial refund and the case was closed on eBay as you can see in Appendix B.

The buyer then proceeded to file a chargeback with his financial institution. I tried to contact PayPal to provide them the information that the case has been closed on eBay. I sent the email to PayPal that you see in Appendix B, however, there was no response from PayPal to my email stating that they would use this information against the buyer in the chargeback dispute. I then called PayPal to make sure they received the message as there was no confirmation. PayPal  referred me to the “message center” they had operating due to Covid-19. Again, I sent information and documents that the case had been closed through “chat.” Again, there was no confirmation that PayPal had received my information or was going to use it against the buyer to dispute the chargeback. I sent my email to payypal as instructed to do so on PayPal’s mail in Appendix C. There was no answer or response from PayPal to the information I provided them. I made every effort to try to get confirmation that they had received my information that the case has been closed on eBay, but there was no response or answer.

On Thursday, June 4, 10:51 AM, I received an email from PayPal stating that PayPal had “lost the dispute” against the buyers financial institution and I was to pay PayPal $400.00 (please see appendix D). PayPal stated that this “chargeback was not covered under seller protection.” I called PayPal twice on June 4th expressing my concern that this was fraud and deceit on the buyer’s part because he now has the money ($450) he paid for the product as well as the Red Coleman CT200U Mini Bike. For privacy reasons, PayPal said they could not provide any information regarding the details of the dispute with the buyer’s financial institution. They told me reaching out to my local authorities was now my only remedy. However, he bought the item in Minnesota, but is from New York.

I have tried to reach out to the buyer through the eBay platform, email, phone, and mail, however, none of his information is “in service.” I called eBay stating that the small amount of information I had on the buyer appeared to be fake information. Per privacy regulations, eBay said they could not give me his updated information and said he was a “good” buyer on the platform. Again, PayPal said my only restitution was to contact the buyer myself or my local authorities to get my money back, however, PayPal and eBay would not provide me the buyer’s real contact information. As stated, I spoke to the buyer several times on the phone as he was calling and asking for directions to pick up the Mini Bike. Now that I am trying to pursue litigation against him and get my money back, his email address does not exist, and his phone is out of service. As seen in Appendix E, I tried to contact the buyer on eBay, however, it shows a red line saying, “something went wrong.” I have tried to resubmit my message to the buyer and refresh the page, but the page will not submit the message to the buyer. eBay is unwilling to help me in this matter so that I can take correct action against the buyer.

The buyer’s account was a fake account set up on eBay for fraud and deceit because there is a loophole in eBay and PayPal’s system. The buyer stole my personal property through your eBay and PayPal platform and you have done nothing to help me as a seller. In my opinion, eBay and PayPal have aided and abetted in this fraudulent transaction. As I stated, I have sold on eBay for over five years, and have paid you plenty in seller account fees. I expect something to be done about this issue or that you remedy the situation so I do not have to pay $400 back for an item that the buyer still holds in their possession and a case that eBay marked as “closed.” I have tried on multiple occasions to reach out to eBay through message and phone about this issue, but I have not been able to make contact due to your call center’s being closed per the CDC guidelines.

As a 5 star seller on eBay for 5 years, I am very saddened and perplexed. If PayPal and eBay are unable to help me to recover the stolen item or the money paid as a seller of many years, you will be forcing me to file this issue with the Attorney General, Federal Consumer Fraud Protection Agency, Better Business Bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and I will contact media sources, if need be, to let them know of the unfortunate situation and how you, as established companies have handled the matter. I see that there are many other sellers out there that this has happened to, and PayPal and eBay have done nothing but facilitate fraud and deceit. Action will be taken against you as well-established companies.

I expect to hear back soon regarding my situation. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Temp03272021
Contributor
Contributor

My friend just sent me $100 via PayPal I can't even use the money because it's on HOLD. Why would I even use PayPal ? Cash App is so much better. You can get your money instantly on cash app. Plus **bleep** doesn't even have customer service. They just take your money and put it on hold and use it to make themselves filthy rich through investing. I'm at a point in my life where I'm done being a "goody two shoe" PayPal sucks they want to scam me? I will scam them

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp03272021 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp03272021
Contributor
Contributor
If I ever use PayPal again I'll keep that in mind. I'm switching to cash app
Login to Me Too

KarstSurveyAsso
New Community Member

Agree, I had a client make payment, verified it was deposited, then received notice Friday, weeks after the monies were deposited that PayPal had saw fit to refund the money to the client...

The explanation given to me was that I was not a verified user and that my bank account information was not updated.  This despite the fact that they'd processed other payments and I'd made purchases with previous funds received from invoices.  The best response I could get was the old Gee Sorry Mister, just update your account send another request.  Unfortunately the clients project is closed out so no monies available to reissue and I'm out a weeks work.

I suggest if you are having systemic difficulties, vote with your dollars. Give your business to a company who sees you as a valuable customer rather than a sucker they can soak mouney out of.

Login to Me Too

Zoocv22
PayPal is a scam and a fraud. Stop using them as soon as possible !!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20210327a

I've never been sicker of a company than this one. Getting entangled and enmeshed with them is a nightmare and continues to be a nightmare for me and for my partner. Someone needs to start an alternate business that is ethical and basically competent, so we can all just forget the sorry moment when we decided to try and 'use' PayPal's 'services.' Never had a worse experience with a financial service of any kind. They have not just failed in every way to deliver the service they promise--they have also disrupted and half crippled the accounts in legitimate businesses that they interact with. This has been an ultimate nightmare for me, trying to get my funds out of PayPal once they went in and then got locked in, with very little recourse for getting the funds out again and absolutely lousy or no service options to help with the problems they create. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.